Dear Doctor – thank you for your trust and considering our services. We are sincerely grateful that you are referring your valued patients to Dr Kim.
We provide comprehensive treatment while keeping our referrers and associated doctors up to date with patients progress. Open communication is encouraged in all aspects of your patient’s care.
Dr Kim is always happy to discuss and provide opinions to any referrers. We welcome all calls, emails and correspondence.
The referrer page covers or links to the following items:
- Who Can Refer
- How To Make A Referral
- Our Availability & Hours
- Urgent Referrals
- Service Areas
- After Hours Referrals
- Update Your Details
We accept referrals from General Practitioners, hospital based medical practitioners or Specialists,
Any patient can be referred to see us, irrespective of their financial status (health insurance) or circumstance for review (third party, workers compensation claim).
Dr Kim has both public hospital and private hospital appointments, therefore can appropriately treat patients with or without private health insurance.
Patients may also refer themselves, but patients who attend without an approved referral will not receive as great a rebate from Medicare for their initial consultation fee.
Should your patient have a condition that could be outside our scope of practice, Dr Kim and his team will do their utmost to find the appropriate specialist to see, who can provide the best possible management.
- Kidney Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Testis Cancer
- Urinary & Kidney Stone
- BPH Enlarged Prostate
- Penile Cancer
- Adrenal Lesion
Dr Kim offers rapid care service for patients with suspected urological cancers or symptomatic urinary tract stones.
- Prostate cancer
- Raised PSA (with F:T ratio)+/- Abnormal DRE
- Please arrange MSU and preferably a repeat PSA within 1-3 month interval for medicare funded MRI prostate
- Kidney cancer
- Frank haematuria or incidental solid mass suspicious of kidney cancer
- Please arrange Multiphase renal CT/CT IVP if not already performed
- Bladder cancer
- Gross haematuria or Persistent microscopic haematuria in the absence of UTI.
- Please arrange urine cytology x3 and upper tract scan, preferably CT IVP if gross haematuria with no contraindication
- Testicular cancer
- Testicular mass
- Please arrange testicular US and tumour markers (AFP, Beta-HCG and LDH)
A referral letter can be sent directly to us using the following methods:
- Fax: (02) 9633 3672
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Suite 12a, Cnr Mons and Darcy Roads, Westmead Private Hospital, Westmead, NSW, 2145
- Electronic referral service (ie. Argus and Healthlink ID) will soon be provided.
- Send With Patient
We will contact your patient(s) to book an appointment once the referral has been received.
When emergencies occur you can feel confident that Urgent Care is nearby.
We offer a specialised service to patients who require immediate care.
Urgent patients will be seen as soon as possible. If using a Fax or Email, please highlight your communication as URGENT.
Urgent referred patients can benefit by:
- Onsite Diagnostics – Imaging facilities and pathology are available onsite and can be accessed without undue delay,
- Quick Assessment – Quick evaluation with an expert assessment,
- Clear Explanation – Discuss treatment options, ensure full understanding and offer personalised treatment plan, and
- Early Treatment >- Timely treatment can be offered to help with an optimal outcome.
We maintain allocated new patient appointments every day. We also seek to address Urgent Referrals same day, whenever practicable.
Our hours are listed on our contact page.
A general practitioner referral for an initial consultation is valid for 12 months, and specialist referral is valid for 3 months.
We encourage direct surgeon access. Using various channels of communication where possible we seek to enable our referrers to ask questions about specific cases either before a referral or during their care.
If you need to speak to Dr Kim for any reason please contact his practice. Our staff will provide you with his personal contact details.
Please be aware that Dr Kim may be operating and hence may not be able to answer immediately. However, he will always get back to you as soon as he can.
To avoid miscommunications please let us know if your details have changed including:
- Practice Locations, Telephone, Email, Mobile, or any other relevant information.